Anthony Gorecki wrote:
On Wednesday, November 16, 2005 23:12, Zac Medico wrote:

I wouldn't mind having a feature like this. I would provide a way for

automatic unmasking tools to keep their changes separate and easily reversible.

This seems to be borderlining on being unnecessary, in my opinion. A commented section in package.unmask could work just as easily, and it would likely save time for the user. "kde-base/kdelibs" is just as easy to find in a sorted, sectioned file as it is in multiple files:

# GNOME Packages:
[...]

# KDE Packages:
[...]

I think the point is more with a) temporary enabling/disabling of sections and b) sharing sections. Having multiple files those situations are a bit easier to handle.
Shouldn't be too hard offhand, basically
if isdir(foo):
        for x in listdir(foo):
                mylines.extend(grabfile(x))
else: