2006/3/14, Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Brian wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-14-03 at 13:14 +0200, tvali wrote:
> >
> >>Ok, i was, yes, speaking about kde.
> >>
> >>I will check out this Porthole :) I was actually thinking more about c
> >>++, but nothing against python -- i was quite a fan of python when i
> >>first found it.
> >

> > I believe Kuroo is in C, maybe c++
>
> For the record: Kuroo is known to be conceptually broken (uses the cache
> directly), but the author is looking to fix that in a future version.
> Generally writing portage utils in languages other than python is
> difficult as you can't use the primary API directly.

There seems not to be c++ bintings to python, anyway there is
dev-python/sip. I havent done such thing, but i suppose that it would
not be impossible to start portage inside Kuroo as a thread, then
interact with this thread, having sip between them. If it's used for
creation of PyQt, such two-way interaction should be possible.

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/sip/index.php

> Marius
> --

tvali
(e-mail: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"; msn: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
icq: "317-492-912")

Ühe eesti internetifirma lehel kohtasin tsitaati:
If you don't do it excellently, dont do it at all. Because if it's not
excellent, it won't be profitable or fun, and if you're not in
business for fun or profit, what the hell are you doing here?
Robert Townsend