Hello,

There is any provision for binary dependency on Gentoo/Portage? The
way it works now is quite messy with things like revdep-rebuild.

I have an idea to "solve" this problem: after software is build, you
check which files it links (ldd binaries libraries) and check the used
against installed packages. If a library is not provided by  an
installed package we could have a policy to inform user or just abort
installation.

Also, if we implement these dependencies in rpm-generator, we could
just generate RPM packages and install it in the RPM-DB and let it
handle these kind of things.

With these in place emerge would handle the build stage (where it
excels), but rpm would handle the binary installation and dependencies
(where it excels).

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri