Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 23 April 2006 12:36, Alec Warner wrote:
>
>>Modified:
>>   main/trunk/bin/sed
>>Log:
>>Make sed wrapper not executable.
>

> why ?  it isnt hurting anything to be set executable
> -mike

At present it is not in the pre9 tarball.  However it is in SVN, so it
will make it into the tarball eventually.

Since it's in /bin it will get installed with all the other binaries.
However it's a !GNU only sed wrapper, so in this case once it is added
to the tarball it will be installed on all systems, but set +x only on
non GNU systems.

We can move it somewhere else if you like.  We just had a couple of fun
issues with people who use portage from SVN, so I figured I'd try to
avoid those and plan towards the future ;P