On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:42:50 +0300
Ali Polatel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>    I wonder if GPG support for mod_mail would be useful.I wrote some
> basic code that works.The user is required to export his public key
> and put the path to PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILGPG.
>    Attached is the patch for mod_mail.py.It won't work with armored
> key files because gpg can't directly encrypt messages with ascii
> armored keys , they need to be --dearmor'ed first.
>    Thoughts?

Well, I don't really see a reason why one would want to encrypt those
mails. The only potentially sensitive information (package
name/version) is already contained in the subject and therefore
wouldn't be encrypted. And gpg support can be a bitch to maintain, so
I'd like to see the benefit before adding that feature.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.