Hi,

reading comments on bug 209538, I've seen this dangerous thing from Zac:

"Once these issues are solved it will be nice if we can rely exclusively on the dependencies from /var/db/pkg."

Well, the idea that devs will have to revbump packages just for RDEPEND version restrictions so that portage picks it freaks me :)

Then there's: "I do have a tool that copies metadata from ebuilds but I'd prefer to avoid doing anything like that if possible."

So maybe it's time to discuss what's possible? :)
If that discussion already happens/happened elsewhere, then sorry for noise and please point me there :)

Thanks,
Caster