On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Michael A. Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Let me rephrase:
>
> The tests as they are written are not all that helpful or functional.
> Therefore
> I'm refactoring them so that they are. If I don't, they won't be any good at
> all.
>
> These are not sophisticated tests that comprehensively review your code.
> They
> simply do some sanity checks on the output of equery.
>
> - -Michael

OK, I just wanted you to understand that --help and some error
messages are bound to change as I attempt to clarify them.

I also thought about renaming the "list(l)" option as "search",
because if you look at the help output, almost every module "lists"
something. equery's "list" is actually a search, I don't see why we
shouldn't name it that. I think maybe list was used because there were
already two "s" options, stats and size. Stats is not implemented so
I'm taking it out of help for now. Size can use the short "z", becaues
that's quite unique. That would free up "s" for search and it would be
a whole lot clearer.

Yes? No?

-Doug