On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:33:31AM +0200, René 'Necoro' Neumann wrote:
> Patrick Börjesson schrieb:
> >>
> >> # emerge -1av bacon
> >>
> >> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >>
> >> Calculating dependencies                ... done!
> >> [ebuild     UD] app-test/eggs-1 [2] 0 kB [1]
> >> [ebuild  N    ] app-test/bacon-1  0 kB [1]
> >>

> >> This second behavior looks wrong to me, as it downgrades the RDEPEND of
> >> spam and thus spam becomes unusable.
> >
> > Try: emerge -1av --complete-graph bacon
>
> Ok - this works ... IF spam is in world. If I installed spam with
> --oneshot, it won't work either.

Why exactly would you want to use --oneshot for a "leaf package" that is
not depended on by any other package in the world set? If spam IS
depended on by any other package (recursively) in the world set, it will
be pulled in by --complete-graph, but that's not the case here if i
understand it correctly, thus it's a package that you explicitly wanted
installed, thus it belongs in the world set, and you should thus not use
--oneshot for it.