Amit Dor-Shifer <ami...@oversi.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> In my overlay, I can have packages assigned to a private category, and
> have that category specified in profiles/categories, under the overlay
> itself.
> However, in-order to ebuild such a package I have to append the category
> to /etc/portage/categories, else I get an error message:
>
> !!! 'priv-cat/mypkg' has a category that is not listed in
> /etc/portage/categories

You can also put the name of the category in
/path/to/overlay/profiles/categories to eliminate the error message.
That seems a bit more appropriate, since it allows you to edit the
overlay without mucking around in /etc. Also, if you publish your
overlay or sync it to several of your own machines, you or your users
don't need to edit anything when the overlay changes.

--
Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.