On 08/31/2010 05:14 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Hello
>
> Let me explain my problem:
>
> I have just returned to my home and, then, I have a lot of packages to
> update when running "emerge -avuDN world". The problem is that I have
> FEATURES=test enabled in my make.conf and, since some of them take years
> to run, I would like to temporally make portage skip them.
>
> I have tried to simply disable that FEATURE temporally, but it causes
> packages to change their USEs to "-test" having me to recompile them
> later again.

In order to avoid that, a usually suggest to enable USE=test in
make.conf so that it's enabled regardless of the FEATURES=test state.

BTW, in the latest 2.2_rc releases there's support for
/etc/portage/package.env which can be used to enable or disable
FEATURES=test for specific packages. The package.env support will
also be included in portage-2.1.9 which I plan to release sometime
this week.
--
Thanks,
Zac