This is a small feature request, but it will require a modification to
PMS, so I describe it here.

The present thirdpartymirrors file is unwieldy, and difficult to manage
due to it's format with very long lines. It also doesn't permit easy
comments. Presently commits to it look very ugly, because diffs are
line-based, and we pack a lot into each line.

I would like to make it a directory instead of a single file, and extend
the internal syntax.

1. New location: $PROFILEDIR/thirdpartymirrors/$MIRRORNAME
1.1. The name of the mirror is now the name of the file.
1.2. We can have a file extension of .mirrors if somebody would like
     that.

2. New format (for directory-mode):
2.1. Comments permitted, shell-style.
2.2. Blank lines ignored
2.3. One URL per line, optionally prefixed with "-" or "+"
2.4. For stack repos/overlays:
2.4.1. No prefix: replace all prior mirrors from masters with new URLS in this
file.
2.4.2. "-" prefix: remove this URL from the list from masters.
2.4.2. "+" prefix: append this URL to the list from masters.

3. New format (for file-mode):
3.1. This is for cases where thirdpartymirrors is still a file.
3.2. The first token on a line remains the name of the mirror.
3.3. Each subsequent token may be prefixed with "+" or "-", and impacts
     prior lines/masters.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead