Am 15.03.2014 21:32, schrieb Brian Dolbec:
> I've started working on the repository/config.py changes needed for the
> plugin-sync system.
>
> First:
>   The following class performed checks on the
> repos.conf entries for the sync variables regardless if they were being
> used or not. [...]
>
> Second:
>   - Should all the repos.conf entires to be synced be validated prior to
> syncing and fail
>     if there are any errors?
>   - Or, just call each sync module's sync() and let each fail individually
>     and continue syncing remaining repos?

Maybe that's just me, but I don't like things that sometimes work and
sometimes not. Having some emerge invocations fail with "broken config"
and some not, seems rather ugly to me.

(This also implies that syncing a repo with working config is not
possible as long as there are repos with broken config.)

> Third:
>   - I would like to add a new config item for all repos.
>     It is a variable to define which sources of sync operations which
>     the repo will be allowed to be synced from.  It could be a space
> separated list
>     which could be used to prevent it from being synced via certain commands.

What exactly does this variable mean? What are emaint or layman doing here?