For my purpose, I think bash scripting would be more useful. I thought
about package.env
in the beginning (see first few messages on this thread) as it would help
us reuse code but
variable setting only will limit what we can do.

If you want package.env, we can implement it too and have both mechanisms
available.

Thanks,
Bertrand