Unfortunately I am way too busy to even entertain looking into this in
any detail. A few years ago I was hoping to work on something like this,
though in Agda (or possibly in Haskell or Coq), and do work on making
Portage much more modular so that you could actually pick whatever
dependency resolver you wanted -- even going as far as "Don't like the
resolution you were presented now? Try using another resolver" messages.
But alas that job ended before I got very far.

However, I wanted to take the time to drop you a tiny note of
encouragement. I think this looks really great, and I hope someone on
the team finds the time to look into it in more detail than me.
--
Alexander
berna...@gentoo.org