W dniu wto, 16.01.2018 o godzinie 20∶04 +0000, użytkownik Robin H.
Johnson napisał:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 11:32:28AM -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
> > > But app-crypt/gentoo-keys doesn't include that executable, and it has
> > > no dependency on app-crypt/gkeys. I'd rather not introduce an artificial
> > > dependency here.
> >
> > I suppose we could using a separate ebuild to install this hook, so that
> > we can update it separately from portage if necessary. The hook can
> > still live in the portage repository (like emerge-delta-webrsync which
> > is also installed by a separate ebuild).
>
> How about shipping this hook with Gemato, since it's of no use without
> Gemato installed.

I don't want to get into USE dependency hell. Portage needs gemato to do
rsync verification, so we need USE-conditional dep on gemato. However,
gemato doesn't require the hook unconditionally, so we end up with two
USE flags that need to be switched together == a mess.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny