> Warn if the '=' package dependency operator is used along with pure
> version with no revision specified. This means to catch a common mistake
> of developers copying '=' from upstream dependency specification while
> '~' operator would be more appropriate. This causes unintended depgraph
> breakage when the dependencies are revbumped e.g. due to dependency
> changes, or prevents people from upgrading.

> The developers are given two suggestions: either to use '~' if any
> revision is acceptable, or to explicitly specify '-r0' when they really
> do accept -r0 only.

I won't be opposed against this, but there doesn't seem to be any
policy that would require explicit -r0 in dependency specifications.
So this is a policy change which should be discussed in gentoo-dev
before it can be added to repoman.

Also according to PMS, no revision and -r0 (and even -r00) are
completely equivalent. so IMHO we should think twice before
introducing behaviour that would treat them differently in some
places.

Ulrich