On 7/28/19 9:31 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-07-28 at 17:21 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
>> On 7/26/19 3:45 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
>>> While at it, could you look into making src_unpack() network-sandbox
>>> override apply only to ebuilds with PROPERTIES=live?
>>
>> There could be another subset of packages that aren't quite "live" but
>> they need to fetch something that's immutable which can't be fetched via
>> a protocol supported by SRC_URI. Maybe call it
>> PROPERTIES="src-fetch-immutable" or something.
>
> Could you name one of those packages, and explain how are they not
> 'live' if they skip checksum verification?  I'm really against adding
> hundreds of weird-named items for the sake of potential use cases
> without a real benefit to it.

I don't have any particular package in mind, but it would apply to
anything that uses git-r3.eclass with a constant EGIT_COMMIT value, or
uses cros-workon.eclass with a constant CROS_WORKON_COMMIT value:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/chromiumos-overlay/+/refs/heads/master/eclass/cros-workon.eclass

Anyway, since RESTRICT=network-sandbox and PROPERTIES=live are
available, I suppose it's pretty safe to wait and see if there's demand
for a different PROPERTIES value.
--
Thanks,
Zac