On 8/30/19 7:34 AM, michael.lienha...@laposte.net wrote:
>  - install the configuration computed by my solver (I am still unsure that
> emerge --nodeps would be flexible enough, and maybe I will have to implement
> my own planner)

One problem with emerge --nodeps is that it does not resolve file
collisions in cases where two packages block each other. Normally, such
collisions are resolved by removing the files from the contents of the
installed package (the installed package is ultimately unmerged in order
to solve the blocker), but with --nodeps the blockers are simply
discarded and emerge treats all file collisions as fatal.

Another problem is that --nodeps eliminates the dependency information
that's needed for scheduling parallel builds with emerge --jobs.
--
Thanks,
Zac