On 6.10.2005, Charles Trois stated:

> Joseph Jezak a écrit :
> > If Mackael's suggestion doesn't help, let's try with nvidiafb and a
> > newer kernel:
>
> It did not help, causing a kernel panic that I couldn't resolve.
> > Give 2.6.14 a try (there are some release canidates for vanilla
> > sources), apply this patch:
> > http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-October/019957.html
> > and then try nvidiafb.
> >
> I have downloaded linux-2.6.14-rc3, but was unable to apply the patch: I
> put it within /linux and wrote
> patch --verbose -p1 < Patch_nvidiafb
> Is that not correct? It failed on 5 hunks out of 5.

That looks right, but did you clean out the directory beforehand?  I
ask because the same thing happened to me.  Everything worked when I
ran "make clean" in /usr/src/linux before patching.

Unfortunately, the patch didn't help, and the kernels i compiled won't
boot any more than those compiled with the unpatched 2.6.14-rc3 do.

--
Guy Yasko -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]