Hello!

Having had no success with the 2005.1 disk, I am trying to reinstall Gentoo from 2005.0 on my G4 iMac. This had been all right before, but now I am meeting bootloader trouble. At my first attempt, ybin warned me that "your kernel is too old". I wonder what the reference is, since this install has never seen the Web. However, I put in a more recent kernel (2.6.13.3), but it is also said to be too old, and I am still having the same trouble: what happens is that the bootloader menu (with "l for linux", etc) does not show, and that the machine boots directly into Mac OS9.

Here is my yaboot.conf file. Is there anything wrong i it that could explain this behaviour?

## yaboot.conf generated by yabootconfig 1.0.8

boot=/dev/hda12
device=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
delay=15
timeout=30
macos=hd:10
macosx=hd:11