Charles Trois wrote:
Charles,

Did you do a "rc-update add net.eth0 default" so that the interface is brought up at boot?

You may also want to take a look at this section of the Gentoo Handbook:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=4

HTH

Draeven

Draeven a écrit :

Charles,

Please post the contents of your /etc/conf.d/net

I attach it here.

Also, is your NIC driver built into the kernel or a module?

I have no modules at all, everything is in the kernel; lsmod returns an empty list.

If it is modular, you can load it by using coldplug ("emerge coldplug") or you can add the module to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.

I also attach my .config file, just in case.

Charles

Charles Trois wrote:

Matti Bickel a écrit le 11/11/2005

Please check if you compiled support for tmpfs in your kernel. The
option is CONFIG_TMPFS. Do NOT make this a module.

This is kinda wild guess, but it sounds like you're missing
kernel-support.

Sorry for this late answer. Your guess was quite right and enabled me to get over that error. I then met various little problems that I was able to solve, but there remains a (hopefully) last one.

The new error message is:
Problem starting needed services
"netmount" was not started.

/etc/init.d/netmount start gives the same error. eth0 is not brought up and ifconfig lists only lo.

What have I done wrong?