On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:03 +0100, Michael Hanselmann wrote:
> Yes, netconsole as described in Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt.

OK - now I'm really baffled - I've tried again but this time I used
genkernel.  However, even the genkerneled kernel can't seem to detect my
hard drive!  This time I was allowed to drop to a shell and the only hd*
was hda, my cdrom.  The thing that's killing me is that the gentoo boot
cd is obviously able to do it, and I even copied the config from that cd
over as per the genkernel instructions, still to no avail.

Nathan, you mentioned having just installed on a blue&white - I assume
that these machines are enough similar that the config that you used
should be good enough to work for me too - do you think you could send
me your .config off list so I can try that out?

Randy Barlow
http://www.electronsweatshop.com
The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never
been found. -- Calvin Trillin