What about newbies? Please make it easier to *at least* the boot part, after
that there's the gentoo handbook ;). (Like many, I started learning most of the
things that I know with the handbook, so I couldn't figure that [EMAIL
PROTECTED] alone).

I believe it was OpenSolaris that had this well worked out. Their livecd had a
small script that allowed to copy itself to a liveusb.

I started writing the script for gentoo some time ago, but had to stop.

Besides, environmentally speaking liveusb should be encouraged :p