Hello Server people!

With the recent brouhaha on udev vs mdev back in the -user list, I just
wondered about whether any server guy/gal here (beside me) actually use
mdev instead of udev for the servers?

So, an informal poll time!

a. I'm using udev and will still be using udev, latest version

b. I'm using udev and will still be using udev, but I'll mask 181 and later
(the versions that require /usr to be present during boot)

c. I'm using udev but will transition to mdev

d. I'm using mdev already.

e. A write in vote (please explain)

I personally choose (d), because I like simpler systems (no initramfs), and
I know *exactly* what's going on during boot if I go the mdev route.

What's your answers?

Rgds,