Hi there,

after luckily having my installation up and running with a rudimentary
X setup I installed Sun's j2sdk1.4.1_01 (binary - no emerge here).

Up to now java applications like jboss3.0.4 or Tomcat4.1.18 seem to
run just smooth, so I took the next step to installing JAlbum3.2,
which is a web gallery creation tool (GUI based).

It used to run fine on my former FreeBSD 4.7 STABLE on a natively
built Sun j2sdk1.3.1_06 (built from source).

Now the "Install anywhere" installer complains:

<snip>
kister @ harry 18:58:05 jalbum 7 $ sh jalbum.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
[ ... repetitions ... ]

Launching installer...

rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory
kister @ harry 18:58:10 jalbum 8 $
</snip>

which is plain a lie I would guess:

<snip>
kister @ harry 18:58:10 jalbum 8 $ ldconfig -p | grep libc.so.6
        libc.so.6 (libc6, OS ABI: Linux 2.4.0) => /lib/libc.so.6
kister @ harry 18:59:35 jalbum 10 $ ldconfig -p | grep librt.so.1
        librt.so.1 (libc6, OS ABI: Linux 2.4.0) => /lib/librt.so.1
kister @ harry 18:59:41 jalbum 11 $
</snip>

What gives?

Did anyone else encounter this problem and, hopefully, solve it?

Regards, Ulf