I am trying to fingure out why i am not able to su to root when logged on as a normal
user. I have tried all of the suggestions on in the forums, I know the permission of
su are set correctly, the user is part of wheel group, etc. etc.

I am thinking of recompiling, as someone said they recompiled a package and it was
fixed. They did not mention the package, but I was wondering if there was some way for
me to find this out.

If you are interested in helping me out, or want some further clarification of what I
did, please check out my post on the forum.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=208522#208522