On March 12, 2003 12:36 am, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> If I need to run a line during every reboot, something like:
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
>
> What should I add to rules-save? I tried to add the above line with no
> modifications but an error occurs during reboot.

i don't know if it's a bad idea or not, but i just wrote my super long
iptables script and put it in /etc/init.d/ and added it to /runlevels/default
that way i didn't have to run iptables-save any time i wanted to edit or
start/stop my firewall.

--
everything that used to be a sin is now a disease.
  - bill maher, commedian and commentator, 1995