[ snips ]

On 15 Mar 2003 21:17:38 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ulf Kister) wrote:

> 3. Recently the shiny and new gentoo 1.4 rc3 version was
>    released. From FreeBSD I'm used to decently ignore any
>    announcements like this, because frequntly syncing the source tree
>    and rebuilding/installing kernel/world reliably provided me the
>    most current version of the "STABLE"-development branch.
>
>    How about gentoo?
>
>    Or, to put the question into another form: If I
>
>    - install gentoo 1.4 rc2
>
>    and daily
>
>    - "emerge sync" (in my case "emerge-webrsync" due to firewall
>      limitations)
>    - emerge -up world
>
>    will there be any difference to having installed gentoo 2.7 rc3 on
>    the day where it counts?

You've basically answered your own question.  The only real differences in a bright
and shiny new gentoo version are the LiveCD (installer, recovery tool, improved we
hope) and the choice of package versions which are available as "stable" via `emerge
-u world` for the rest of us who haven't used the bright and shiny new installer.

The short version: no difference that you care about.
--
Collins