I've installed artwiz fonts, freefonts, jmk fonts.  I was wondering what
should be in my XftConfig file:

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig

I manually added the directories at the top and a few others that seemed
to not be in the file(Util, 75dpi, 100dpi, and Speedo).   But X is still
not finding them.  I'm also unsure as what to put in the "

match any family == "" edit <argument> = "";

I'm very much a newbie at messing with fonts.  I had used mandrake and
redhat before and they had fonts show up automatically via whatever
means.  I've not found anything with the font builds themselves that
really says what I'm to do.  I have gone to the artwiz font site and I
did do "xset +pf /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/artwiz" as well as a
"mkfontdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts"  Then an "xlsfonts" which does list
them there.  However things like "gimp" don't seem to be able to see the
new fonts.<sigh>  Any help on this would be much appreciated.

--

Susie
VE7 HFA