Hi,

I installed Debian, then I started liking gentoo and
installed it too. In debian, programs (e.g. xchat)
store my settings in my home directory (e.g.
/home/myusername/.xchat). But now that I have gentoo
installed, and a /home partiton, the gentoo settings
and the debian once will conflict (I know his because
when I ran gnome with my user it was trying to get the
debian setting and icons, etc). So I am asking if
someone knows a way to tell gentoo ““Store my settings
for your programs in /home/mysuername/gentoo““ and
likewise for debian (thus the end result would be
xchat in debian having it“s settings stored in
/home/myusername/debian/xchat)?

Thank you very much,

Zim