I think you are trying to do this too early.  To be practical, you will
need to build at least a basic system, running on its own kernel.
distcc can then be the first native package you build (after vim of
course!) and there will not be too many dependencies.  I suspect that if
you go ahead and build from the current state of the system without
doing all the steps in the correct order, you may have some problems
afterwards.

BillK