Good morning (afternoon, evening, or whatever time it may be in your part of the
world):

I'm attempting to emerge GNOME onto my system, and I'm receiving errors.  My system
was built using the stage 3 tarball from the Gentoo 1.4 RC4.

The emerge errors out when on the step where it is working with
avifile-0.7.32.20030219.

The error message indicated is:

ERROR: media-video/avifile-0.7.32.20030219 failed.
Function econf, Line 304, Exitcode 77
econf failed

It recommends checking the config.log for more information.  I'd append that to this
e-mail; however, it is quite large... if needed, I'll go ahead and append it, but it
doesn't seem to show ME any info.  Of course, I'm not a pro at this, so...  read into
that what you will.

I'd like to use GNOME more than KDE...

Has anyone else out there run into this issue?  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?  Please?

Thanks!

Sean