From research I've done it appears MySQL does things that are non-standard for SQL or the ANSI specs.

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:19:03 -0600
 Mike Roest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mysql with a InnoDB table backend is much better in those respects. It enforces foreign key constraints, has a transaction log so if the server dies in the middle of a transaction it can rollback or forward. Quite nice actually, it is a little more of a pain to setup as there are some additional my.cnf directives that need to be added. Compiling the support in is pretty easy USE="innodb" emerge mysql.

brett holcomb wrote:
Thanks. I had considered MySQL but it doesn't have (at the last time I checked) some of the features of databases like DB2, Sybase, etc. in the area of data integrity, etc. I want to have the features of those databases.