Martin Gramatke wrote:
Hi,

alsa is now part of the latest kernel 2.6.0-beta. So is there a conflict
with the portage package alsa-drivers? After each unmerge, emerge reemerges
it with each update.

Till now, I wasn't able to get alsa working with this new kernel 2.6.0. What
did you do? Did you remove any alsa related packages and or rebuild the
whole system?

Here is what is compiled into the kernel:
CONFIG_SOUND=y
CONFIG_SND=y
CONFIG_SND_DUMMY=y
CONFIG_SND_INTEL8X0=y

But KDE arts refuses to make any tune. The alsa-driver installation I used
to have with kernel 2.4. worked well. Again, is there possibly a conflict?

When you enabled the ALSA support in the kernel, did you enable the OSS emulation?

--
Andrew Gaffney