Ernie Schroder wrote:
On Saturday 09 August 2003 04:27 am, Dhruba Bandopadhyay wrote:

Tom Hosiawa wrote:

How do I get the mouse to work in virtual console?

Tom

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

You need to enable the gpm use flag and then re-emerge the packages that use it. Also, you need to emerge gpm. Then configure it and start it. Applications like links should use it automatically.

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list

Dhruba,
I didn't compile anything here with the gpm flag and mouse works in consoles and lynx. (I suppose that it works in lynx because it works in console?) The question is, I guess, what needs to be recompiled to take advantage of gpm?

Yes. Console mousing can work in mysterious ways it seems. To find out what to recompile do the following.

emerge -evp world | grep gpm