Hi!

On Sunday 24 August 2003 13:28, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
> Hi all.
> I wanted to save a image in tiff format.
> The file format is not supported, neither is gif.
> How do I get this working?
> Is this some non-free stuff?
I believe gif was non-free, but it's free now. Anyway, my gimp supports both
gif and tiff. Which version do you use? I have 1.2.4. Also check with which
USE flags gimp was compiled:
  $ etcat -u gimp
(etcat is part of gentoolkit)
If gimp was compiled without "tiff" USE flag then you will most probably have
no tiff support in gimp. However gif support is always built in.

If that's not the problem and GIF and Tiff are simply grayed out in the "Save"
dialog box, then you can set "Determine File Type: By Extension" and then
simply append "gif" or "tiff" to the file name.

Cheers,
Renat