Hi,

I have a laptop, and each place i come has different setting for DHCP, wireless, mount
points and so on.

Is it possible at boot time to choose where i am, and so activate thoose settings.
I was thinking of several entries in my grub.conf and add something like this.

kernel (hd0,0)/boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda5 hdc=ide-scsi place=work1

But where can i grab the "place" variable ?

TIA

Patrick

--
  "If we don't get more power to the warp drive we're all going to have to get out and
push!" -- Paris (Parallax)

 PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
 Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
 ICQ# 316932703
 Registered Linux User #44550
 http://counter.li.org