Mark Knecht wrote:
On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 15:13, Andrew Gaffney wrote:

I used dvd::rip to rip a DVD. It split it into the audio and video streams. When it used transcode to combine them, the audio was out of sync with the video. I opened the audio stream (.mpa) in xmms. It said it was 149:23. How can I determine the length of the video stream (.m1v)? And once they are verified to be the same length, how should i go about combining them into a VCD-ready MPEG?

There are messages in the dvd::rip archives about AC3 passthrough causing sync problems. I have a feeling that list would get you an answer much faster.

I wanted to ask if this program can rip a DVD from a CDRW drive, or do
you have to use a DVD drive? (Some of the PC ones will, I think.)

I have a DVD-ROM. I was thinking about something else. Mplayer has support for outputting to a MPEG-PES audio or video stream. Is there a way to have MPlayer read both streams at once and output them into one file?

--
Andrew Gaffney