Hello:

I can't seem to get Aspell to work with either Kmail or Kword. Can anyone
help? I've searched (and posted without response) the forums, but everyone
appears to suggest procedures that I have already taken... :-\

The error I get when attempting to initiate the spellchecker in Kmail is:

"ISpell/Aspell could not be started. Please make sure you have
ISpell or Aspell properly configured and in your PATH."

For reference:

*  app-text/aspell
      Latest version available: 0.50.3
      Latest version installed: 0.50.3
      Size of downloaded files: 917 kB
      Homepage:    http://aspell.net/

*  app-dicts/aspell-en
      Latest version available: 0.51.0
      Latest version installed: 0.51.0
      Size of downloaded files: 168 kB
      Homepage:    http://aspell.net

My KDE Spellchecking Control Component is set such that:
Dictionary is set to: Aspell and Client is set to: Aspell.

Does anybody have any ideas???

Thanks in advance!

Steven
--
Know your neighbor. Discover independent media:
http://www.thislife.org/ - This American Life - documenting "everyday life" in the US.