Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:12:19 +0200:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:59:13 +0200
"Christian Aust" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As you can see, grub would be subject to updating, but isn't
> recognized by emerge -Dup world. What can I do to resolve this? What
> other packages are there waiting to be updated individually? Should I
> file a bug? I'm a little irritated. Best regards,

If grub is not in your /var/cache/edb/world file it won't be considered
as it is not part of the system profile and there is only one package in
the tree (grubconf) that depends on grub. Just add sys-apps/grub to your
world file and it should be resolved.

Since I definitely emerge grub (and not installed it as a dependency) I'd assume that it should already be in "world". Obviously, it isn't. Why?

- Christian

--

Christian Aust
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]