I have a pretty much standard 104 key keyboard. The number keys don't
work in X. It makes no difference whether or not the Num Lock LED is on
or off it just won't work. It works just fine in a virtual terminal.
        My 2nd machine (running Windowmaker in stead of KDE doesn't have the
same problem, despite identical keyboard sections in XF86Config. (boxes
share keyboard through a KVM switch) Also changing machine 2 to start
KDE still works properly.
        The settings within KDE -->control center--> peripherals --> keyboard
appear identical.

Any ideas?

--
Regards, Ernie