Hi, all
maybe this is not the right place to post a question about setting up the
apache server, but anyway.

I can't manage to change DocumentRoot to anything else but the default

DocumentRoot "/home/httpd/htdocs"

when I put my files in there it works fine but when I put them somewhere else
(with the same permissions = 755 or even 777 for the directory and all files
chmod -R 755 <directory>) it gives following error message:

Forbidden

Apache/2.0.47 (Gentoo/Linux) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80

It is a 403 Erro message and I have no clue why. Even when I copy
/home/httpd/htdocs to /home/httpd/htdocs2 while preserving the
filepermissions with
# cp -Rp /home/httpd/htdocs /home/httpd/htdocs2
and change the apache2.conf file accordingly it won't work (of course I
restart apache after modifiing the config file).

What is the reason for this errormessage.
please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanx in advance.