On 11 Sep 2003, at 4:59 am, Dan Foster wrote:

I think you want the telnet-bsd ebuild for telnet.

Thank you.

(I don't use telnet to login to systems; I usually use it as a diagnostics
tool -- ie, telnet to a server on port 389, 110, 443, 8080, etc. as needed.)

That's exactly why I wanted it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -i /usr/sbin/ktelnet
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -i /usr/sbin/ktelnetd
I think you want to do this instead:

$ qpkg -f /usr/bin/ktelnet

From the qpkg man page:

Package Selection:

-f, --find-file Finds package that owns file <file>

Duh! That was a dumb typo of mine! That was *exactly* what I intended.

So:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -f /usr/bin/ktelnet
app-crypt/krb5 *
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $ qpkg -f /usr/bin/ktelnetd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stroller $

Two questions remain:
- Why does app-crypt/krb5 (kerberos?) rely on what appears to be a telnet app..?
- Where has /usr/bin/ktelnetd come from, and why doesn't qpkg show me..?

P.S. I'd highly recommend sending mail from an address other than 'root' :-)

I think you'll find it's a virtually-hosted domain.

Stroller.