Hi folks...

I have been playing with 2.6 for a while now (mm-sources-2.6.0-test5).  For
the most part I am happy with it.

The only real issue that I have had is logging in.   When I boot into 2.4, I
can login to my system without any problems.  When I boot into 2.6 and try to
login as a user the system hangs.  I am able to log in as root and then su -
to a user, but that's a headache.  I have tried logging in at a prompt, using
xdm and using kdm...  All fail.   On the other hand, I CAN log in as a user
by ssh without problems.

I have added my users to the tty group, but that doesn't seem to help.

When the login hangs, I try to do a SysRq+T to get the state, but the machine
slowly prints (literally takes about 10 seconds and you can see each
character printed individually):

SysRq : Show State

and then quits.  From that point on none of the SysRq functions will work at
all.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Josh