On 19 Sep 2003, at 4:54 am, Carl Hudkins wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:12:49 +0100, Stroller wrote:

- How do I change the umask that mlDonkey writes files with..? I want
files world (or at least group) writable, so I can delete them over SMB
from my workstation when I've moved them somewhere else.

There may be a better way, but I'd just use "chmod" for this. If the
directory is owned by p2p of group p2p, and you use "chmod 6766 incoming",
then all new files created there by any user (except root) will be owned
by user p2p.p2p and have modes 766 (rwxrw-rw-)....

Ah! Excellent! I didn't know hat `chmod` worked like this.

Many thanks,

Stroller.