Hi,

during an   emerge -u world    the root partition got filled nearly
entirely so emerge stopped during updating (exactly: during compilation)
of OpenOffice.

I moved a few directories to other partitions and restarted the emerge
command, it tells me:  emerge (1 of 1) app-office/openoffice-1.1.0 to /

This is fine, but there is something very strange:

In /var/tmp/portage/ there are a lot of directories full of files (all
together more than 2GB) - I asume this is because the previous emerge
run was stopped due to lack of disk space, sp probably it did not clean
up like usually...  it looks like these files are the sources where my
packages get build from.

Am I allowed to erase the contente of /var/tmp/portage after the emerge
has finished running - or would that be less wise?  :-)

TIA,
Karl-Heinz
--
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>            <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>