On November 6, 2003 10:32 am, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> I don't know if it's possible for the list-server to handle either of these
> cases. Stripping HTML messages into text seems possible, but at what
> overhead cost ??

why bother with the stripping?  why not have the mailserver reject html mail
(or mail with no word wrap) and respond with a form letter explaining how to
fix this stuff.

it would be nice though if clients like kmail were capable of choosing
multiple default mail formats based on the recipient or something.  ie. if
i'm sending a letter to [EMAIL PROTECTED], then the format goes to plain
text (or at least gives a warning if html is on) and for [EMAIL PROTECTED]
it would default to html...  it could be integrated into the address book or
something.

--
...he who in dealing with the empire loves his subjects as one should love
one's body is the best person to whom one can commit the empire.