On Sunday 09 November 2003 03:08, Jeff Ames wrote:
> > I've tried to launch kinput2 with different args
>
> I launch kinput2 as 'kinput2 -canna &' (make sure canna is running)
>
> > (process:11009): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
> >         Using the fallback 'C' locale.
>
> Try 'locale -a | grep ja_JP' and see what you do have support for.  Then
> to launch an application with Japanese input support, I think you only
> need to set LC_CTYPE.

locale -a give me lots of locales (368) but no ja_JP.UTF-8
how can I add support for this one?

> Then you should be able to open an application and use Japanese by
> hitting the windows key.  I know aterm and rxvt support Japanese...  You
> might also want to check whether you have the 'cjk' USE flag set.
>
> HTH,
> Jeff

thanks for the help. I had still to play with lots of config files, but now
everything is working. But for one small problem: every application started
with LC_CTYPE=ja_JP is displayed with a default cursive font. It's quite nice
but totally unusable! Not only kanjis and cannas are in cursive. Latin
characters also show up in cursive. I think it's an unicode font because
there are accentuated letters: éàà (and not squares).
I've tried to change fonts in kde, in xftconfig, XF86Config, acticvated /
desactived xfs. But still no cigar.
How do I choose the default font for kde? X? for unicode / japanese /
iso-latin, ...

TIA

--
mathieu