I'm new to Gentoo (switching from RH9) and have become used to RPMs and their query tools.

I've been looking for a way to query the Portage database to determine what's installed and get general info regarding the packages--I'm looking for something similar to "rpm -qa".

At the end of this section--http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/portage-manual.xml#doc_chap3--in the Portage user manual it indicates that there's an app-admin/gentoolkit to assist with Portage queries. I have yet to find this package or a way to query the Portage database.

Can anyone direct me to the package or tools that I need in order to do this?