On Nov 8, 2003, at 12:54 AM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

Hi All

I seem to have broken my emerge. Anything I try and emerge gets a connection timeout and this happens on every host it tries, not just one. I can ssh out of my machine and I can ping the host it is trying to download from. I don't know what I broke... This is new to me (just started using gentoo this week) so some hints on where to look would be appreciated.

wget hangs up though I can do other things like ssh and stuff. Here is a wget to a local machine on the LAN:

bash-2.05b# wget -d http://www.shire.net
DEBUG output created by Wget 1.8.2 on linux-gnu.

--21:01:49--  http://www.shire.net/
           => `index.html'
Resolving www.shire.net... done.
Caching www.shire.net => 206.71.64.139
Connecting to www.shire.net[206.71.64.139]:80...

It just hangs up there. Any ideas on what could be the issue? It happens to any host I try and connect with...

Chad

Thanks Chad